Peterson Farms is a growing family operation located in Central Kentucky which manages over 17,000 acres and produces various agricultural products. The company is structured and positioned for successful growth today and in the future.
We have an excellent team in place and are looking to add another key person at our Danville, KY location as an Organic Agronomist. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the growing organic and hemp production industries. You’ll work closely with our chief agronomist and operations team to ensure the growth of top-quality crops. This role maintains our organic certification, so you’ll complete necessary compliance record keeping for crop activities. You’ll also ensure continued value creation and stewardship of our land through crop scouting and monitoring. This role involves field, greenhouse, and office work.
Essential Job Functions:
- Scout crops and report observations to operations team and chief agronomist.
- Ensure organic certification compliance, including crop recordkeeping.
- Communicate Standard Operating Procedures to hemp growers and greenhouse operators.
- Purchase crop inputs and greenhouse supplies.
- Communicate and coordinate with 3rd party vendors for fertilizer and other products.
- Manage and mentor agriculture student interns.
- 4-year college degree in Agronomy, Crop and Soil Sciences, or related field.
- 3-5 years scouting, farming, agricultural services, or related experience.
- Proven strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to research, analyze, and present data to management in a clear, organized manner.
- Proficient in IOS and PC GPS systems.