Bunge (www.bunge.com , NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oil seed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve in over 60 countries. The company is headquartered in New York and has 31,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 360 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain silos, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Responsible for running the corn mill and producing a quality product in a safe manner.
- Operate and adjust all milling equipment.
- Blowing out & cleaning suction lines.
- Sweeping and shoveling piles.
- Check weigh all finish product streams.
- Complete all daily paper work on time.
- Clean magnets
- Hanging new spouting and fixing leaks in old spouting
- Learn the flow of both mills
- Clean and reflow sifter sections
- Work with engineers on new installations.
- Responsible for making operating decisions on the off shifts.
- Willing to learn and revise the most current SOP’s
- Communicate equipment failures to maintenance before each down day.
- Make proper adjustments to the mill to keep all products within specification.
- Operate A-mill & B-mill to cover operations when the miller is absent.
- Communicate to PLW when bins need to be dropped.
- Measure all finished product bins every shift.
- Check all critical control points and document findings.
- Report any infestation and/or contamination to ensure Bunge produces and ships a quality product.
- Must report all accidents and near misses to create a safer work environment at Bunge.
- Must perform safety and sanitation audits with supervisor as required.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule and overtime when needed.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Need to be safety conscious and follow all safety rules.
- Need to know all aspects of running both A-mill & B-mill.
- Need to have the capability to work in a team environment.
- Need to understand the quality characteristics of all products.
- Need to be capable in working in hot environment.
- Must be able to rotate shifts
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City
Nearest Secondary Market: Lawrence
Job Segment: Engineer, Equipment Operator, Sustainable Agriculture, Engineering, Manufacturing, Agriculture