Location : Kankakee IL
City : Kankakee
State : Illinois (US-IL)
Country : United States (US)
Requisition Number : 10435
Position Summary :
- Follow and observe all safety rules, good manufacturing practices, company rules and daily instructions from supervision.
- Keep all air hoses, ladders, tools and other equipment off the floor and stored in appropriate place.
- Check all systems on a regular basis to keep all systems running freely and without blockage. Inspect and clean all cyclones and bag filters each hour.
- Check all process magnets once per 8 hour shift and log magnet check. Clean all accumulations, and report any unusual findings to the Supervisor.
- Assist the Assistant Operator as needed and report any mechanical or flow problems to the Special Products Supervisor.
- Write work orders in the Maintenance work order program for all equipment needing repair.
- Complete all daily paper work on time.
- Hanging new spouting, and fixing leaks in old spouting.
- Trouble shoot motors & machinery.
- Willing to learn and revise the most current SOP’s.
- Communicate with production personnel about equipment issues.
- Primary responsibility in buildings and adjacent equipment for Buildings 8 and 8B, but is also responsible for assistance in any other areas as needed or directed by supervision.
- Provide product samples and making quality adjustments of products in response to results reported by the Quality Control Lab.
- Must clean up site after job completion to ensure that there is no contamination of Bunge’s corn products.
- Report any infestation and/or contamination to ensure Bunge produces and ships a quality product.
- Must report all accidents and near misses to create a safer work environment at Bunge.
- Must perform safety and sanitation audits with supervisor as required.
- Maintains clean working area.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Need to be safety conscious.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Understanding of basic technology of area where assigned.
- Must have interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Must be capable in working in hot environment.
- Knowledge of quality, food safety and safe work procedures.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Nearest Major Market: Kankakee
Nearest Secondary Market: Bradley
Job Segment: Engineer, Equipment Operator, Food Safety, QC, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality