Founded in 1818, Bunge is a leading agribusiness and food company with integrated operations that circle the globe, stretching from the farm field to the retail shelf. Bunge has 35,000 plus employees at more than 400 facilities in 40 countries.
Bunge’s North American operations supply raw and processed agricultural commodities and specialized food ingredients to a wide range of customers in the animal feed, food processor, foodservice and bakery industries. With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, Bunge North America and its subsidiaries operate grain elevators, oilseed processing plants, edible oil refineries and packaging facilities, and corn, wheat and rice mills in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Position Summary :
Bunge recently purchased Minsa and we are looking to build our team at Muleshoe, Texas. Bunge has increased wages and implemented annual incentive pay opportunities for all employees at Muleshoe. Further Bunge has implemented comprehensive health and welfare benefit programs. Bunge is looking to hire qualified individuals for the position of Operator 1. The successful candidate will need to be able to work in a safety focused team environment. The position of Operator 1 may include one or more of the following duties including: Bagging, Warehouse (Fork Truck driving), Bulk Systems, Additive Mixer, and Material Handler. Bunge offers progressive pay opportunities for skill enhancement and operator progression.
- All job duties require attention to safe operation and demonstration of safe work habits and behaviors. This includes the use of appropriate personal protective equipment for the job task.
- All duties include general area housekeeping responsibilities.
- All duties require adherence to Bunge’s quality and GMP/HACCP process and procedures.
- All duties require attention to product specifications and proper product handling.
- All duties require equipment and tank inspection in accordance with safety and operating procedures.
- Most job duties require employee to successfully complete Bunge’s forklift training and certification in order to operate the forklift as part of job duties.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bagger Key Duties:
- Operate equipment safely and productively.
- Ensure correct lot number and pallet weights are recorded.
- Inspect bag and seal integrity.
- Stack bags and ensure pallet balance and security.
- Collect Samples for quality testing.
- Warehouse Key Duties:
- Load/unload shipments.
- Responsible for filling product orders.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping of warehouse inventory of products.
- Responsible for forklift general operations including fluid check and fueling
- Bulk Systems Key Duties:
- Responsible for directing of product into silos and accurate record keeping of lot numbers and silo inventory.
- Monitor and adjust flour flow when filling tanks and accurate record keeping of weights, inbound and outbound.
- Accurately record truck scale, weights and scale tickets.
- Accurately record keeping of tank seals and documentation.
- Responsible for tank placement for truck driver pick-up.
- Additive Mixer Key Duties:
- Responsible for detail tracking of inventory and usage of chemicals and additives.
- Responsible for sampling according to designated schedule and properly recording data.
- Responsible for detailed and accurate record keeping of additive mixes/batches and storage.
- Material Handler Key Duties:
- Ensure printing on bags is accurate and correct bags are being used by baggers.
- Safely stack pallets and totes in warehouse and accurate record keeping is maintained.
- Responsible for forklift general operations including fluid check and fueling.
- High School Diploma/GED is required or 1 year or more of relevant work experience including manufacturing and/or ag processing operator experience will be considered in lieu of a high school diploma.
- Previous operator or Mill experience is preferred.
- Must be able to proficiently read and write in English for the purposes of record keeping and safety and quality training and processes.
- Must have basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and understand various units of measure (US Currency, Imperial weights and measurements, Metric weights and measurements), common fractions and decimal usage.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a safety conscious environment.
- Must be willing to work overtime and varied schedules as necessitated by operations.
1 st or 2 nd shift assignments or assignment to rotating shift will be discussed during the recruiting process.
Travel Requirements, if any (please indicate percentage):
Language Requirements, if any: Ability to read and write in English is required for the purposes of record keeping and training. Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Nearest Major Market: Lubbock
Job Segment: Housekeeping, Agricultural, Warehouse, Equipment Operator, Supply, Healthcare, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Operations