Operations/Logistics Intern – Allensville, KY; Clarksville, TN; Dyersburg, TN; Fancy Farm, KY; Clinton, KY; Hardin, KY; Hopkinsville, KY; Kevil, KY; Manchester, TN; Murray, KY; Pembroke, KY; Portland, TN; Russellville, KY; Salem, KY; Schochoh, KY; Sedalia, KY; Union City, TN; Wynnburg, TN
At Nutrien Ag Solutions, we are devoted to the health and safety of all our employees and customers. During this time of uncertainty with Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are taking extra precautions in our Manufacturing Facilities and Retail Sites to ensure safety and limit exposure for all. Nutrien Ag Solutions is still hiring and we continue to drive towards our mission of Feeding the Future.
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the world’s largest provider of crop inputs and services. We are seeking interns to work in our Tennessee / Western Kentucky Division. Our Operations & Logistics Interns work closely with employees at the branch level assisting with and learning about the day-to-day operations of Ag Retail. The goal of the Operations & Logistics Intern Program is to provide general exposure to ag retail and for the intern to learn from the various roles required of Nutrien Ag. This particular program is a good entry-level internship position for freshman/sophomores or candidates who may not have as much experience in the Agriculture field. This paid internship will provide students with experience in the ag retail space. The internship will involve exposure to management, sales, agronomics, operations, customer service, and more.
What you will do:
- Learn about fertility, fertilizer blends, and additives
- Assist with fertility blends and loading/delivering product
- Learn seed treatment processes and methods along with Loveland products used for treating
- Carry out regular inventory checks
- Observe manager duties, interactions with employees and growers
- Assist with branch office organization and administration as needed
- Communicate effectively with employees and growers in regards to product availability, deliveries, and general logistics
- Assist in product deliveries to customers, with timeliness, efficient communication, and required paperwork
- Maintain and observe safe working conditions at branch locations and report any unsafe working conditions to facility manager
- Other duties as assigned
What you will bring:
- Must live within a daily driving distance of a Nutrien location in Kentucky or Tennessee as housing assistance is not provided. Locations can be viewed at www.nutrienagsolutions.com/find-location
- Willing and able to work outside in field and warehouse environments
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Must be a self-motivated team player with the desire to succeed
- Strong time management capability
- Must be studying in an agriculture discipline or have experience in production agriculture.
- Proficient use of computer programs to include Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Able to work additional hours to meet business demands
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, y ou will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, f ollow us on: LinkedIn , Facebook and Twitter