- Manage multiple grain and agronomy locations, which include shuttle facilities, according to divisional objectives to provide patrons with prompt, courteous and effective service while maintaining the efficiency necessary to achieve a maximum margin of profit.
- Establish and implement programs to include housekeeping, safety, and equipment maintenance to avoid breakdowns and limit safety hazards. Work with Location Managers and Safety Leader on all safety and compliance issues.
- Educate both employees and patrons in the operations of the cooperative and CHS business objectives to enhance employee effectiveness and improve member relations and customer experience.
- Establish and implement short-term goals that are consistent with long range plans for growth in operation, including facility, equipment, and personnel.
- Communicate with location managers and appropriate personnel of consolidated groups (branch managers, agronomy sales staff, grain merchants, admin).
- Communicate with General Manager and appropriate divisional personnel (grain department manager, sales manager, controller, safety leader, agronomy manager, energy manager, credit manager).
- Supervise all maintenance and repairs; verify scope of work is completed and within budget.
- Utilize personnel and equipment within CHS to provide excellent customer service and satisfaction.
- Supervise full and part-time operations personnel through responsible training, clear job assignment definition, and explanation.
- Monitor the work of all employees to correct deficient performance and effectively reward and develop all employees.
- Assist in developing budget & asset needs, manage approved operating budget.
- Work extended hours as needed to meet business needs.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- High school diploma or equivalency degree
- 15 years of experience in the grain & agronomy fields; or combination thereof
- 7 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to work extended hours in season
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Understand basic business principals of inventory management, grain merchandising, and accounting
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural related program
- Agribusiness/multiple location management experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.