GenePro is a global reproductive technology company that manufactures specialized products for the livestock and veterinary artificial insemination industry with a strong focus on the swine industry. We offer a diverse product line including extenders and supplies for collection, analysis and packaging.
We’re seeking a Operations Manager to join our team in Fitchburg, WI and oversee growth and activity in North America. You will focus on developing and maintaining relationships with our key accounts with large swine producers in the US and Canada. You will work closely with the board and shareholders to determine and implement GenePro’s growth strategy. You will lead 8-12 on-site team members specializing in sales, finance, quality and production.
This role offers a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401k with a match.
The Operations Manager’s main focus will be on:
- Managing and visiting Key Account customers and distributors to promote existing sales team.
- Establishing new North American business opportunities.
- Defining, proposing and implementing the company development strategy with the board of GenePro.
- Establishing a 5 year business plan revised on a yearly basis, supported by the group’s resources
- Monitoring financial performance and driving growth using key performance indicators
- Determining budgets and allocating funds to necessary capital expenditures
- Maintaining a deep market knowledge and customers/competitors review in order to optimize our product portfolio sales and positioning according to the market.
- Maintaining a safe and positive working environment for all employees; instilling company values
Secondary focuses include:
- Guiding human resources activity; including recruiting, coaching the team, and developing a company culture by sharing our values, strategy and objectives. You may have involvement in establishing an employee review system and managing hiring practice.
- Guiding production efficiency; including the revision/creation of internal processes and policies.
Top candidates will possess:
- A college degree in business administration, commerce, management, industrial
- technology or industrial engineering
- Sales experience that may or may not include experience in the swine industry
- Experience working with individuals/companies of various cultures
- Manufacturing or production experience
- Experience leading a team
- Strong understanding of financial statements
- Critical thinking & problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills