This Operations Management Trainee will assist the location manager and assistant manager at our Bowdle grain facility. They are responsible for learning all aspects of operations with the goal of assuming a management role in the future. This person should be able to perform duties such as general maintenance on equipment, general housekeeping, and help with all aspects of elevator operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform critical operations to keep the facility running: loading/Unloading trucks and railcars, other grain handling including, filling/reclaiming of ground piles, transferring, blending etc.
- Operates safely within Agtegra policies, procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Provides a high level of customer service by displaying courteous, helpful, and knowledgeable interactions with our patrons.
- Maintains the housekeeping of the facility including: elevators, groups, buildings, etc.
- Monitors equipment to ensure it’s in good working order, participate in the overall maintenance of the facility and equipment- notify management of any necessary repairs or possible equipment concerns.
- Be an engaged member of a team and be a self-starter.
Education and Experience Required
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university; or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- CDL beneficial