Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned farmers' cooperative headquartered in York, NE with locations throughout Nebraska, Kansas and Iowa. Established in 2003, CVA has over 900 employees and is an innovative leader providing products and services in grain, agronomy, feed, and energy. You can find more information about Central Valley Ag by visiting www.cvacoop.com.
As an Operations employee at Central Valley Ag at our Monroe, NE locaton, you will be responsible for assisting in receiving, shipping and handling grain and agronomy and to perform preventative maintenance and cleaning as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help with unloading of grain products for company owned and customer owned trucks.
- Assists in delivery of agronomy products such as fertilizer, chemical and seed to customers.
- Assists in the loading of agronomy products to customer trucks.
- Assists in the receiving of dry/liquid fertilizer, chemicals and seed.
- Provides assistance in the operations of the liquid and dry plant.
- Provides assistance in the scheduling, mixing and loading of liquid/dry fertilizer and chemicals.
- Helps in ensuring the accuracy of mixing chemicals and fertilizers and assists with blender operations.
- Drives company owned trucks for the purpose of transferring grain.
- Drives tender trucks to supply Central Valley Ag custom application equipment.
- If certified, serves as back-up for custom applicators.
- Assists with the train loads going out.
- Assists in monitoring and maintaining grain quality.
- Conducts and helps manage grain and agronomy inventory.
- Monitors and keeps supervisor apprised of inventory levels.
- Assists with scale operations.
- Performs general maintenance of buildings, equipment and vehicles, including necessary documentation.
- Assists in ensuring that paperwork is completed accurately and timely.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Responsible for housekeeping duties.
- Assists other divisions and locations as needed.
- Maintains and promotes a safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
• General mechanical ability required.
• Integrity and good judgment skills required.
• Excellent customer service skills required.
• Must be a quick learner and have the ability to multi-task.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
• One to three months' related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to obtain a Class B CDL with hazmat and tanker endorsement.