Bayer has been committed to radiology for more than 100 years and is a world-leading diagnostic imaging solutions provider. Finding a disease early on can have a crucial impact on patient treatment. Medical imaging can improve outcomes for patients, physicians and institutions as it accelerates the treatment, reduces hospital stays, and offers major cost savings. Bayer”s continually evolving radiology portfolio includes medical devices, contrast media, and integrated dose-management software (radiation dose and contrast dose). We oﬀer customer solutions to help healthcare teams meet the challenging needs of today’s radiology environment.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Operational Excellence Intern, are to:
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and assist in the development of and changes to, work processes, standards and other types of documentation toward implementing sustainable change;
- Collaborate and take assignments from Site Leadership in Production, Maintenance and Operational Excellence along with Value Stream Leads;
- Conduct training classes, as necessary, to support work process changes among the Production and Maintenance workforce;
- Develop communication content and materials to convey the context of changes in work processes and activities;
- Lead activities to investigate and/or implement process improvements related to Product Supply System work processes and capabilities;
- Support process improvement projects with the goal of improving effectiveness, compliance and operational efficiency of processes;
- Collect and summarize data to further understand process details;
- Support Operational Excellence deployment efforts including 5S, daily meetings, performance dialogues, shift handovers and problem solving;
- Engage/lead Kaizen events with cross-functional teams to support overall site performance improvement objectives;
- Develop documentation in the form of written operating procedures, flow diagrams, guidelines, one-point lessons, training materials, etc. for continual improvement activities;
- Extract and summarize Ignition data in the form of reports, charts, tables to highlight losses in support problem identification and scope;
- Measure and report on key performance indicators at functional level and works with functional leads to develop and carry out corrective action plans;
- Provide status updates to the Site Operational Excellence Leader or Site Leadership Team on the results of the operational excellence activities and identifies any potential obstacles that may require further investigation;
- Support meeting and activities involving active participation of clients, executing roles as leader, coach and facilitator (Kaizen, Value Stream Map, etc.).
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Industrial/Mechanical Engineer or other Technical Degree such as mechatronics or assembly ;
- Interested in gaining exposure in the Manufacturing Environment;
- Ability to lead and engage teams to effectively improve processes;
- Capable and comfortable leading training classes and workshops;
- Ability to solve problems, think critically and have a strong customer focus;
- Ability to plan and organize multiple tasks to meet specific deadlines;
- Good communication skills, including written, oral and presentation skills;
- Comfortable and capable communicating at all levels of the organization;
- Detail oriented with the ability to see bigger picture and envision step-change scenarios;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint.
- Available to work during one of the two timeframes:
- May 17th, 2021 – August 6th, 2021
- June 14th, 2021 – September 3rd, 2021
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.