Position at Pilgrim’s
This positions will support Human Resources in conducting the orientation and onboarding of new hires, will be responsible for scheduling training classes, organizing and preparing orientation materials, presenting courses, and effectively measuring training efforts. Focus will be on ensuring all training programs run smoothly and effectively
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to communicate with others; bilingual a plus. Must know how to do all jobs on the cone line. Must be able to lead others, work in cool/cold areas and wherever needed, stand for long periods of time, and know how to perform all jobs in area. Must have the ability to read and write. Must be able to lift 50 lbs or more occasionally. Must be self-motivated and a team leader. Must work well with others. Keep the proper flow through the area. May be required to perform other duties as required and deemed necessary by supervisor. Notify supervisor of any problems in the area. MUST BE KNOWLEDGEABLE OF PROPER DEBONING TECHNIQUES.
- Administer, track, and evaluate all New Hire Orientation and Onboarding training in accordance and compliance with the People Pillar
- Supervise new-hires during the training period and make recommendations to management and/or Human Resources regarding training needs, concerns and continued employment.
- Develop and promote positive working relationships with new hires, peers, leaders and clients.
- Meet with trainers, supervisors, Human Resources, and Benefits coordinators to review training materials and processes
- Schedule and coordinate training for multiple, sometimes simultaneous, training sessions
- Organize and maintain training venues, logistics, and equipment.
- Participate on HR & company committees.
- Work with Excellence Coordinators and HR to help track compliance and results of orientation.
- Assist HR team with yearly training of all employees
- All other duties as assigned
- Previous training experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Professional communication and demeanor
- Ability to present ideas, concepts, issues, concerns, and questions in a well thought out, positive, and professional manner to employees
- Excellence presentation skills and ability to foster an atmosphere of teamwork with others
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Able to work independently
- Must be willing to work in a plant/industrial environment
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: High School Diploma/ GED