Natural Choice Dairy is a progressive, family-owned, large dairy operation located in northwest Ohio, milking 5,000 cows with 1,500 replacement heifers. We are a high-quality dairy producer who grows our team, raises healthy animals and builds on our sustainable practices. We live and breathe continuous improvement and look to add leadership who will continue to drive our operation forward.
We’re hiring for an Office Manager to join our team in Alger, OH. In this role you will be handling a variety of tasks including accounting, administering payroll and purchasing feed and supplies. We are looking for someone who wants to work towards fully understanding the dairy operation to be able to assist in process improvement, vendor contracts and expense control. Join a team that thrives on process improvement and making changes that simplify processes.
Our ideal candidate brings:
- Prior accounting, payroll and office manager/administrator experience
- Ability to multi-task and think several steps ahead for what needs to be done
- Proficient experience in financial software (QuickBooks Pro)
- Willingness to walk the barns and understand the dairy operation in its entirety
- Support COO and team in all daily aspects of the business, as a member of the leadership team.
- Administer, review, and approve weekly payroll for both dairies; Act as site contact for new employee setup and timeclock administration.
- Perform all accounts payable functions for both dairies; Issue payments timely for payables in accordance with cashflow requirements. Use and maintain QuickBooks accounting files for both dairies. Provide weekly accounts payable review with leadership.
- Setup new vendor accounts as needed.
- Provide a single-source contact function for all transactional interactions with accountant(s). Ensure quarterly financials are completed and shared with leadership, executive leadership, and banking partners when required.
- Provide a single-source contact function for all interactions with financial institutions, including providing the monthly borrowing base report.
- Order and maintain appropriate stock of consumable supplies such as office supplies, salt, propane, and as needed by request from the team.
- Maintain accurate record of feed ingredients in EZ-Feed program, using scale tickets, to provide weekly usage and cost information to leadership team. Provide suggestions for cost reduction.
- Perform routine cost analysis on supplies, parts, feed to ensure lowest cost sourcing.
- Organize and support routine employee experience events such as meals, recognition, and rewards as determined by the leadership team.
- Support leadership team in strategic discussions and planning as needed.
- Field questions, repair requests, and organization of employee housing; Schedule maintenance when necessary.
- Project company values and vision through on-site tour requests, educational sessions, and local community interactions.
- Support the organization with a continuous improvement mindset toward stated goals and KPIs