YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Nursey Solutions Engineer Intern, are to:
- Design, implementation and testing of devices – supporting all phases of projects including concept development, basic engineering, prototyping, detailed engineering and design, procurement, construction, start-up, testing, deployment and sustainment of systems;
- Analyze equipment trends, historical data, and field data to recommend and justify improvements to obtain lowest life cycle cost on equipment;
- Carry out engineering tasks to ensure all project objectives including safety, technical correctness, budget, constructability, schedule, maintainability and operability are met;
- Interface with other engineering disciplines to contribute to the successful execution of projects;
- Support the preparation of specifications, drawings, bills of materials, test procedures and another project documentation;
- Use safety improvements to utilized machinery;
- Maintain awareness of potential hazards and comply with safety rules and regulations while working in a fast-paced environment with automation;
- Adhere to company procedures for intellectual property documentation and protection.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in Master of Science in Engineering degree;
- Strong computer skills, especially related to design and data analysis;
- Systematic approach to problem definition and solution development;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to interact with team members at various levels in a professional manner, contribute ideas and seek resolution to issues that may arise;
- Demonstrated problem solving, planning and time management skills;
- Capability to learn quickly and a willingness to ask questions;
- Willing to work “hands on” with machinery;
- Able to work 40 hours per week if interning during the summer.
- Degree in engineering or science such as Process, Electrical, Chemical, Civil, Mechanical, Agricultural, Computer, Computer Science, Electromechanics, Mechatronics, Industrial, or Information Systems;
- Experience or familiarity with controls and automation;
- Proficiency in the creation of technical documentation;
- SolidWorks experience;
- CAD design experience;
- Experience or familiarity with reliability and maintenance concepts.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.