Your tasks and responsibilities The primary responsibilities of this role, Software Engineer Intern, are to:
- Explore augmented reality (AR) using a Microsoft HoloLens;
- Experiment with creating AR experiences to address business problems;
- Get to know your users. Learn their needs and how their work impacts the business. Then build them something cool.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Current enrollment at an accredited university located in the U.S. pursuing a Bachelor”s or Master”s degree in Computer Science or a software engineering related discipline; minimum of Junior standing as an undergraduate;
- Basic knowledge of Unity 3D, Unreal, or another 3D gaming engine;
- Basic experience with computer vision and marker tracking;
- Basic knowledge of calling and creating performant APIs;
- Database experience with both relational database management systems as well as nosql-and you know when to use each;
- Understanding of GitHub and espousal to the benefits of source control;
- Experience with 3D modeling software such as Blender;
- Must be returning to school to continue degree program or to pursue an advanced degree upon completion of this summer internship.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.