We’re Hiring to Help Feed the World
Farmers Are Feeding America, So We’re Working To Help Them Meet That Demand!
We’re Hiring to Help Feed the World
Top of Form
This position is responsible for implementation, data connectivity solutions for remote offices and data centers. It is also the 3rd level of support for any network support issues that arise. The working environment consists of broadly defined policies and specific objectives. Challenges present variable situations requiring analytical, interpretive, evaluative, and/or constructive thinking. The System Engineer III will be presented with broad, general business and architectural goals and must demonstrate a high degree of intuition in determining the best means to achieve those goals. Very few issues will be common or recurring. The position’s breadth of responsibility will expose the incumbent to a large variety of unique issues and challenges. The incumbent must demonstrate a strong ability to focus on primary objectives, analyze arguments, and clarify and determine the most constructive solution. In addition, this position will participate in different projects network connectivity related and network cloud design as requested by the manager.
JOB FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and Support enterprise-level technical-infrastructure solutions
- Provide expertise regarding implementation, administration, and maintenance of LAN, WAN, Wireless Network, Cisco Router Configuration, Cisco Nexus 7K , Cisco Nexus 5K, Cisco ASA and Palo Alto firewall Configuration across the organization
- Determine specifications, plans, design, and develop complex, business-critical solutions, either as an individual or as part of a team
- Develop recommendations to increase efficiency and reduce cost/effort in managing corporate applications and networking infrastructure
- Assist in the design of an overall architecture for the technical infrastructure
- Demonstrate expertise in one or more technical areas (Network, Security, Telecommunications, and some project management) and provide technical consulting on complex projects
- Apply industry-standard design, implementation and maintenance approaches, including requisite documentation
- Work closely with other team members to ensure that architectural requirements are properly defined, designed, implemented, and validated against the requirements
- Work closely with network manager to review high-level architecture goals and define a workable, phased-in plan for accomplishing design goals
- Keep Network documentation up to date.
- Participate as a team member and/or lead on assigned projects
- Provide detailed tasks, time estimates, and resource recommendations to the Project Lead for assigned projects
- Assume responsibility for assigned project modules and deliverables
- Works closely with vendors in the requisition, schedule and installation of network and security equipment.
- Facilitate and/or support the resolution of tier II and tier III tickets
- May work across teams and with vendors to identify and resolve complex issues
- With the assistance of peers and other team members, monitor and analyze data infrastructure
- Develop detailed usage metrics to ensure current infrastructure needs are being met and future needs are identified and addressed in a timely fashion
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cisco Data Center equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of troubleshooting techniques using packet capture tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of network protocols EIGRP, OSPF and BGP
- Demonstrated knowledge of advance troubleshooting in IP networks
- Demonstrated knowledge of VPN and firewall technologies like Palo Alto and ASA
- Demostrated knowledge of implementing LAN to LAN VPN connections using Cisco Routers or Cisco ASA Devices.
- Extreme attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work within a project management framework
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work with remote users and analysts at varying levels of knowledge
- Ability to take direction from multiple sources at any given time
- Ability to learn new technologies and applications in a short amount of time
- 10 + years’ experience implementing, monitoring, and maintaining technical infrastructure
- 7 + years’ experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Palo Alto Firewalls.
- 10+ years’ experience installing, implementing and troubleshooting Cisco equipment like Routers/Switches/Wireless Controllers
- 5 + years’ experience installing, supporting and troubleshooting Nexus 7K, 5K and 2K appliances
- 4 + years’ experience supporting F5 devices
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software design, management information systems, engineering or a related field and or relevant direct job experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Working knowledge of Cisco Catalyst 4500, Cisco Routers 2900, 3900 and 4000 Series, Cisco wireless AP’s and controllers, Cisco ISE, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto network firewalls, and F5 load balancers.
- Python or another language scripting will be a plus
- Ability to meet project deadlines while handling day to day support issues
- Ability to design, implement and train network solutions in projects and day to day maintenance
- 10+ years, specifically in networking
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software design, management information systems, engineering or a related field
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP or higher
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineer, Consulting, Technology, Engineering