In Bayer”s Crop Science division, we shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that helps to nourish our growing world, preserve natural resources and deliver better solutions for all farmers. Using the creative spark that comes from human ingenuity, we seek to deliver world-class innovation, set new standards in sustainability, and drive our digital transformation. Our products include high-performance seeds & traits, crop protection solutions, and digital farming tools.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, North America Field Testing – Data Analytics Intern – are to:
- Conduct limited travel to field testing hubs/field trial locations to gain basic understanding of small plot research and associated machine data;
- Engage multiple stakeholders for access and analysis of data sets;
- Use historic data for predictive modeling and operations research;
- Join/merge multiple databases across our field equipment portfolio;
- Create of a new visualizations and tools to optimize our field equipment portfolio;
- Determine and quantify data quality issues (i.e. amount of missing data);
- Provide recommendations to improve data quality and use cases.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university located in United States pursuing a Master”s degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science or Quantitative program;
- Thorough knowledge of data mining, Application Programming Interface (API”s) and joining multiple data sets;
- Experience working with large, complex and incomplete data sets;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Effective communication with multiple stake holders;
- Results oriented with ability to work independently;
- Basic knowledge of R, Python, or SQL.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.