Your tasks and responsibilities The primary responsibilities of this role, Multimodal Seed Viability Intern, are to:
- Chip diverse germplasm;
- Screen single seeds across various imaging technologies;
- Ship seeds to Marana, AZ site for germination/vigor testing;
- Establish analytical framework to establish relationships between seed and seedling phenotypes.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled at a university in the U.S. pursuing a Bachelor”s or Master’s degree in a plant science discipline;
- Must have attained minimum of Junior standing in undergraduate program;
- Strong computer skills, especially related to design and data analysis;
- Detailed and results oriented with ability to work in a team environment;
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization;
- Ability to provide personal transportation to and from the work site;
- Must be returning to school to continue program of study or to begin an advanced degree program upon completion of internship.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.