Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Intern, Venture37
Land O’Lakes Venture37 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-fork, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress.
Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 36 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.
Position Primary Responsibilities
Capacity Building in MEL
· Develop trainings in key MEL concepts tailored for headquarters and country staff;
· Develop tools to support country MEL staff in carrying out quality MEL work;
· Work with HQ MEL staff to support projects in carrying out data quality assessments, internal data collections, etc.
Data Cleaning, Analysis & Report Reviews
· Lead the review and finalization of V37’s global Practice Area Indicators;
· Support data cleaning and analysis for internal data collections and studies, as needed;
· Review project data on V37’s electronic database, IMPACTS, and support project team to improve their data quality;
· Review quarterly and semi-annual project reports and analyze the underlying data as needed.
· Desk review for secondary information to inform theory of change development and modeling of project indicator targets;
· Data analysis of existing project information to inform project indicator targets.
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in statistics, economics, monitoring and evaluation, or related field; Master’s degree a plus;
· Demonstrated knowledge in statistical methods and quantitative and qualitative research and analysis;
· Experience with common statistical software, including Stata, SPSS, etc.
· Solid skills with MS office products, with the ability to learn additional database packages;
· Ability to work well independently and function effectively as a member of a geographically dispersed team;
· Excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on attention to detail;
· Ability to take on diverse tasks and manage many priorities simultaneously;
· Excellent writing, presentation, and facilitation skills;
· A sense of humor is a plus.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy