Wonderful College Prep Academy is committed to providing a world-class education for all students. The Academy’s mission is to graduate students who are prepared to earn a college degree and to put them on a promising career path for life. We believe this begins with a nurturing, engaging, community-centered school environment where students develop a strong academic foundation in literacy, liberal arts and STEM. Ultimately, this will prepare generations of leaders in the Central Valley who are critical thinkers and life-long learners.
The Academy’s first school opened in 2009 serving students of Delano and surrounding communities in grades 6-12. In nine years, the Academy has become a premier early college high school in the region, with 88% of its graduates attending 4-year universities. In Fall 2017, we added an elementary school to our Delano campus to serve kinder through 12th grade. We also launched a brand new charter school in Lost Hills which will serve students kinder through 8th grade next year and add a high school in 2020.
We seek talented teachers who are dedicated to raising the standard of excellence for all learners in the Central Valley and are excited about the entrepreneurial opportunities that accompany rapid growth.
Here’s what you’ll do:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shared Vision: Supports a vision of excellence for all students, with an urgency to maximize every opportunity necessary to achieve ambitious student outcomes
- Culture of Excellence: Fosters a safe, culturally responsive and nurturing community where students love learning and are excited to attend school daily
- Teaching and Learning: Creates powerfully engaging experiences aligned to our academic model, and designed to accelerate student learning and achievement
- Data & Assessment: Regularly engages in individual student case management, by proactively making data driven decisions
- Innovation: Develops and executes innovative STEAAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Agriculture, and Math) strategies to ensure a world class and well-rounded elementary education
- Professional Growth: Committed to continuous growth, actively engages in professional development opportunities and contributes to our professional learning community
- Community Outreach: Demonstrates commitment to the community by communicating regularly with families and attending key community events
Other duties as assigned
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, required
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferred
- Current California single-subject Science teaching credential
- Classroom teaching experience, preferred
Skills and Traits:
- Commitment to our organization’s mission and educational philosophy
- Entrepreneurial spirit capable of managing many complex tasks with competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Self-reflective individual who solicits performance feedback and constructive criticism
- Flexible and adaptable, open to new ideas and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Ability to strategically and independently solve problems
- Meets professional commitments in a timely manner
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Free access to the Wonderful Wellness Clinic
- Free access to the Wonderful Fitness Center
- Company paid health/vision/dental for self
- Employer contributions to CalSTRS
- Voluntary 403b
- Positions are bonus eligible
Wonderful College Prep Academy offers highly competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, which includes generous performance bonuses.
Full-time staff benefits include medical coverage, dental, vision, and life insurance at no cost for the employee. We also offer an optional 403b, with company match, as a supplement to STRS retirement pension. In addition, employees have free access to the Wonderful Wellness Center and gym.
Applications and questions should be directed to Kate Smith at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Resume stating position, dates of employment, employer and key responsibilities
- Cover letter explaining your qualifications against the job announcement
- At least (3) references including immediate supervisors
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the institution and its employees.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.