In Bayer”s Crop Science division, we shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that helps to nourish our growing world, preserve natural resources and deliver better solutions for all farmers. Using the creative spark that comes from human ingenuity, we seek to deliver world-class innovation, set new standards in sustainability, and drive our digital transformation. Our products include high-performance seeds & traits, crop protection solutions, and digital farming tools.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Microbiology Intern, are to:
- Be an integral part of a team focusing on the optimization of our novel platform for protein expression;
- Play a critical role in the design and analysis of microbiology experiments directed at optimizing the expression of protein;
- Perform regular activities including Design Of Experiment(DOE), flask culture, fermenter operation, media, buffer prep and data analysis;
- Help with routine lab operation, such as inventory check, media, buffer prep and safety inspection.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Molecular Biology, Microbiology or other Biological Science related programs;
- Ability to work independently on molecular biology and protein expression projects;
- Proficiency in general microbiology and molecular biology techniques;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and relevant scientific software, including graphing/statistical analysis tools;
- Excellent organization and planning skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of a team, strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.