The primary responsibilities of this role, Microbial Genomics Intern, are to:
- Provide technical contributions in a fast-paced team environment to accelerate our efforts on building an analytics-driven product pipeline;
- Use advanced metagenomic assembly, annotation, and analysis methods;
- Develop sustainable, consumable, accurate, and impactful reporting on model inputs, model outputs, observed outputs, and key performance indicators;
- Form partnerships with cross functional teams to drive novel metagenomics insights;
- Present compelling, validated stories, including peers and internal customers to communicate research findings;
- Leverage microbial ecological and metagenomic knowledge and applied statistical or machine learning methods to deliver new insights to the pipeline.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s or Ph.D Degree program;
- Educational preparation in one of the following areas to read: Genomics, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biostatistics, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Microbiology, Chemistry or other related quantitative discipline;
- Knowledge of metagenomic methods and software;
- Demonstrate basic computational skills and level of experience using R, Python or other statistical and/or mathematical programming packages.
- Entry level proficiency in applied statistics;
- Entry level proficiency in machine learning algorithms and concepts.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.