What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with farming and rural values? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. (FBN)!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. FBN is an independent and unbiased network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping our members level the playing field and putting power back into farmers’ hands.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
We are looking for talented, multi-skilled individuals who can fit into our fast-paced company culture. We are a passionate, collaborative team of farmer-focused individuals who wake up every day emulating the farmer ethos of honesty, integrity, commitment and hard work.
With a focus on Michigan, specifically the area south of I-96, the individual assigned to this position will aggressively and strategically work to identify and recruit new farmers into the FBN network and then ensure that each farmer has the best possible experience using our service. As an FBN Account Executive, you will cover a predetermined territory and market area and will recruit farmers in person, by phone and email, or as appropriate.
In addition, the individual assigned to this position will work with FBN farmers to help them procure critical crop inputs, such as crop protection products and seed treatments. FBN Account Executives cover a predetermined market area and will help farmers access FBN Direct – a revolutionary way for growers to purchase crop inputs that provides farmers with price transparency on hundreds of products and way to source low-cost chemicals delivered straight to the farm.
Finally, the FBN Account Executive is critical to the commercialization process for new products and services being launched on a regular basis.
The FBN Account Executive will be responsible for recruiting farmers and maintaining high grower satisfaction with FBN. They will also provide a seamless and highly differentiated crop input transaction experience while maintaining high grower sanctification with FBN from post-harvest conversations all the way to pre-season delivery. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Product demonstrations and presentations directly to farmers.
- Collecting data directly from the farmer after signup.
- Use FBN’s instance of Salesforce to manage, prioritize and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers.
- Organize and manage farmer information and sales events with existing, local FBN farmer advocates.
- Plan and conduct meetings to train FBN members on the use of the system and best practices needed to ensure data quality.
- Document and report suggestions from farmers to improve the product and demonstrate to farmers that FBN listens.
- Represent FBN at various farm industry trade shows/events.
- Understanding a grower’s crop input needs throughout the season
- Identify savings opportunities for the grower by creating savings analyses and conducting walkthroughs of FBN’s price transparency tools
- Driving organic growth of membership/acres, through cold calling direct, reach-out, and attending farm shows
- Constructing orders and shipments through FBN’s seamless transaction platform
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills with a heightened sensitivity to the issues farmers face.
- At least 3 years experience as a district, regional or territory manager selling products or services directly to farmers.
- Knowledge of crop protection products required
- Strong domain experience and background in farming, production agriculture, retail or input sales.
- Comfort managing the inherent fine-line between successfully ‘finalizing the sale’ and being perceived by the farmer as being too aggressive.
- Candidate must be comfortable with technology and ideally the latest precision ag systems; experience with Salesforce a nice to have but not required.
- Background in Agronomy including, but not limited to, the management and use of agronomic data.
- Strong planning, prioritization and organizational skills in addition to being highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, accountable team structure.
- A farmer focus and a commitment to farmer satisfaction.
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors or advanced degree
- At least 3 years sales experience in agriculture managing and exceeding monthly and annual quotas selling directly to farmers.
- Multi-generational farm, farm hand or farm related background.
- Cross-functional experience working across the enterprise.
- Experience balancing execution, agility and culture at a fast growing business.