ADM Carb Solutions Co-Products
This is a Full Time Exempt Position
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, with a dotted line to the location Trading Manager, this position will be responsible for the merchandising and position management of Wheat Midds for multiple ADM Wheat Mills. This person will work in a team environment to develop and execute a successful sales strategy for Wheat Midds, working with external and internal customers as well as other divisions within ADM. In addition, this position will help support wheat origination for the Spokane and Cheney flour mills.
- Aggressively seek new business to increase customer base for direct sales of Wheat Midds
- Ensure successful implementation and execution of the sales strategy for multiple wheat mills
- Build and maintain relationships with a variety of customers
- Price Discovery for Wheat Midds
- Discover and execute on opportunities for arbitrage
- Understand customer requirements to collaborate and add value
- Understand local feed markets to determine strategic pricing opportunities and relay information to the Co-Product Team
- Maintains a clear current and prospective customer account list along with plans for attaining the listed prospective accounts
- Develop a positive working relationship with the Co-Product Team and local management
- Develop a good understanding of current plant operations
- Effectively uses communication for proper coordination of sales, logistics, and customer service
- Manage customer issues relating to accounting, order entry, logistics and others
- Manage A/R on sold accounts
- Understands and has strict adherence to corporate compliance polices, safety systems and policies
- Portrays a positive image of the company and self when interacting with customers & colleagues
- Prepare and submit daily & ad hoc reports
- 3 years Animal Agriculture Sales Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or business
- Demonstrated negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of domestic trade
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of freight spreads and arbitrage.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with end-users, suppliers, and internal customers.
- Proven ability to work within a team environment
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced work environment
- Computer competent, ability in the use of spreadsheets, database, word processing, and application within a windows based environment
- Committed to corporate ethic policies and safety program
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
Relocation is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.