For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Merchandiser (Terminal & Logistics Coordinator)
This is a full time, exempt position.
The Merchandiser (Terminal & Logistics Coordinator) will be based in Minneapolis, MN and will report to the Fertilizer group. This position will focus on supply chain management concentrated on our northern terminals. This position will require daily asset management along with detailed follow up and negotiation with various groups in the Ag industry. This role will work with multiple ADM businesses to provide further growth and development within the Northern Territory and will get experience with all modes of transportation. Strategic planning, logistics, negotiation and follow though communication will be key elements for this candidate. Ideally this candidate has prior experience in managing grain and/or fertilizer terminals along with some trading background. This candidate will work in a highly volatile and ever-changing environment as various arbitrage opportunities present themselves to move ADM terminals efficiently and effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or agriculture. Minimum three to five years of Ag related business and/or transportation experience preferred.
- Demonstrate capacity to evaluate and manage multiple supply chains within the Northern Territory
- Basic understanding of grain/futures trading along with freight utilization.
- Commitment to be a positive & professional team leader.
- Ability to function effectively, both independently and on group efforts
- Strong analytical abilities, initiative and problem solving skills necessary to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as ability to interface with various levels ADM
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite including Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proficient in the use and application of mobile technology and ADM sanctioned social media
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Early adopter of new technology and ability to lead and influence other target users
- Manage day to day logistics and terminal inventories within the Northern River Territory
- Responsible for fluid communication both internally and externally in respect to ADM’s supply chain
- Some travel in the territory is required
- Strong self-motivation and strategic creativity
- Provide analysis and input into further development and success of ADM
- Will have some sales accounts, A/R follow up and customer account maintenance
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran’s status.Relocation is not available with this position.
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicablepre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaireand a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran’s status.