This is a full time Exempt position.
The Merchandiser will be based in Minneapolis, MN or Fargo, ND and will report to the Commercial Manager of the Enderlin facility. This position will focus on merchandising and trading protein meals produced in our Enderlin, ND Oilseeds plant. This position will require daily asset management along with detailed follow up and negotiation with various groups in the Ag industry.
This role will work with multiple ADM businesses to provide further growth and development within the Ag Services and Oilseeds division and will get experience with multiple modes of transportation. Strategic planning, logistics, negotiation and follow though communication will be key elements for this candidate. Ideally this candidate has prior experience in trading protein by-products. This candidate will work in a highly volatile and ever-changing environment as the Enderlin facility crushes multiple commodities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or agriculture. Minimum three to five years of Ag related business experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of grain/futures trading along with freight utilization.
- Commitment to be a positive & professional team leader.
- Ability to function effectively, both independently and on group efforts
- Strong analytical abilities, initiative and problem solving skills necessary to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as ability to interface with various levels ADM
- Understands and has strict adherence to corporate compliance policies & safety systems & programs
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite including Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Early adopter of new technology and ability to lead and influence other target users
- Effectively use communication channels for proper coordination within the office & other locations
- Portrays a positive image of the company and self when interacting with customers & colleagues
- Aggressively makes outbound phone calls to deliver and receive timely market information
- Price discovery and bid/offer maintenance to enhance risk management and pricing
- Understanding of margin calculations & their effect on commodity pricing
- Mid-protein trading and logistics for the Enderlin Oilseeds Plant, and its affiliated put-through facilities
- Fiber by-product trading for the plant
- Responsible for fluid communication both internally and externally in respect to ADM’s supply chain
- Strong self-motivation and strategic creativity
- Provide analysis and input into further development and success of ADM
- Will have some A/R follow up and customer account maintenance
- Prepares and submits daily & ad hoc reports
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities
Relocation is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.