This is a full time exempt position.
Job Summary: This individual will report to theCommercialManager. Merchandiser I, acting as part of the team, will be accountable for the procurement of raw materials and/or the marketing of finished products to achieve optimum financial results. The position is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with seed and/or product accounts, including the handling of logistics, accounting, and other customer related issues.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Analytical Thinking
• Impact & Influence
• Achievement Orientation
• Information Seeking
• Builds & maintains positive relationships with accounts that bring defined value
• Seeks out new business that would profitably enhance ADM company assets
• Understands customer requirements and strives to meet them to differentiate ourselves from competition
• Maintains a clear customer account list and provides detailed background information in files
• Handles all accounting related issues in a timely manner to ensure good customer service
• Works to make quick decisions in a fast market while accepting the responsibility to defend them
• Develops a clear understanding of local, national, & world markets & trends
• Aggressively makes outbound phone calls to deliver and receive timely market information
• Price discovery and bid/offer maintenance to enhance risk management and pricing
• Understanding of margin calculations & their effect on commodity pricing
• Ensures the most cost efficient transportation and logistics
• Understands the value of ADM owned transportation (i.e. barges, trucks and railcars)
• Develops a good working knowledge of freight spreads and competitor activities
Develops a clear understanding and working knowledge of ADM information technology systems
• Understands and has strict adherence to corporate compliance policies & safety systems &
• Ensures that individual goals are aligned with company goals
• Constantly works on individual personal development within the company
• Develops good understanding of local plant operations
• Works to attain positive, cooperative relationships with internal colleagues across divisions &
• Effectively use communication channels for proper coordination within the office & other
• Portrays a positive image of the company and self when interacting with customers & colleagues
• Prepares and submits daily & ad hoc reports
• Helps in the development & training of new employees
• Is willing to work outside normal business hours including weekends
- University degree in agriculture or business (i.e. economics, finance, accounting).
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in grain merchandising.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Ability to excel within high-risk fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to assess risk and exercise sound judgment in making decisions. Negotiation and interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with both internal & external customers. Computer competent, with demonstrated ability in the use of spreadsheet, database, and word processing software.
- Applications within a windows based operating environment.
Individual must be committed to corporate ethics policies & safety programs.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
Relocation is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.