Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Member Relations Intern
At Land O Lakes, Inc., our interns are living the job, learning the ins and outs of our business. While we’re proud of our agricultural roots, our internship opportunities go far beyond the traditional industry roles. As an intern you will have your own project, present your results to business leaders, and have the opportunity to make a real impact on our business. Along the way, there will be several opportunities to network, meet our senior leaders and start building your career.
By leveraging the full spectrum of our $15 billion organization, the Land O Lakes Member Relations team delivers the products, services and offerings that deliver real, mutual value to our farmer-owned cooperative members by providing industry-leading on-farm service, advocacy in industry and customer trends, and value-added products and services that impact the bottom line.
Member Relations interns have the opportunity to add value in a number of ways. Intern projects vary by location, but may involve:
- Reviewing current business processes to identify gaps and develop tools to maximize staff efficiency across several business units including Member Relations, Milk Supply, Transportation, and Finance.
- Work with 10 selected members on their Dairy Comp program to determine 1-3 years milk production which can be used for annual base plans.
- Crisis Management plan for animal pandemics partnering with the State of California program.
- Comparing data from weight tickets to bulk tank readings to determine if there is a need to put together a process that would include a recommended frequency for bulk tank calibration. Identifying how to reduce turnaround times on dairy members’ lab test results.
- Developing a system to track our milk trades with other cooperatives.
Current enrollment in a Bachelors degree program in Agriculture, Business, Marketing, Communications, or related degree program.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Proficient computer skills in Word and Excel applications.
Agriculture education with farm and/or livestock experience.
Current sophomore or junior.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy