Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
MBA Finance Manager Internship – Summer 2020
MBA Finance Manager Intern:
The MBA Finance Intern will manage several complex projects across our different business units (Dairy, Feed, Crop Inputs). You will act as a consultant and strategic business partner during your internship, tackling some of the company’s most pressing financial issues. At the end of the summer, you will share your findings with executive leadership.
Successful interns will have the opportunity to join our team as Finance Managers.
From day one, Finance Managers will partner with the Finance Director of their business unit and support their Business Unit COO and leadership team as senior finance partner. Recent MBA graduates will be expected to rotate across the other Business Units and corporate functions. This role is an important stepping stone to take on one of our Finance Director roles.
Primary Responsibilities for Full-Time:
- Develop and manage projects that are critical to the success of the business (cost containment, working capital optimization, go-to-market strategy).
- Support an efficient and effective planning and forecasting process for Business Unit. Engage with business partners to ensure planning assumptions are supported and deliverables are completed on time.
- Deliver value-added analysis and provide meaningful financial and operational reporting that leads to sound business decisions.
- Prepare monthly reporting packages that includes financial statements, operational Dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive executive level explanations of differences.
- Provide financial modeling, analysis and valuation support for acquisitions, new product development, long-term contracts and other ad-hoc financial projects.
- Assist in preparing analysis, commentary and presentation material for the monthly and quarterly financial review meetings.
- Actively own key finance and business processes. Provide a high level of thought process to drive improvement; recommend areas for improvement and lead projects to enhance the reporting and analytical infrastructure.
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed.
Experience & Education:
- MBA with concentration in Finance
- Minimum of 4 years broad-based business experience, ideally with prior experience in a similar role partnering with leadership.
Competencies & Other Skills:
- Strong strategic thinker with experience developing and analyzing comprehensive strategic business plans.
- Analytical orientation with ability to create and interpret financial and market analysis.
- Superior communication skills with the ability to develop and deliver effective presentations to senior leaders.
- Innate curiosity and desire to develop understanding of industries, business and markets.
- Sense of urgency and flexibility to meet tight deadlines to deliver results.
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple projects and priorities within a large scale, rapid and process driven environment
- Effective at building relationships and engaging resources toward achievement of objectives; ability to create commitment and cohesiveness within teams; strong ability to influence others and outcomes. Ability to work effectively and to foster open dialogue across functional and organizational groups.
- Exceptional data analysis skills at a detail level to provide insights, feedback and perspective on operational and financial performance
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy