The primary responsibilities of this role, Procurement Masters Intern, are to:
- Provide project support or leadership on real procurement projects across Bayer”s organization, including Marketing, Logistics and Warehousing, Direct Materials, Contract Manufacturing, Professional Services and more;
- Participate in weekly debrief meetings with your 2021 Intern class and Bayer”s Lead for the Intern program;
- Business travel to support project work;
- Analysis skills for decision making;
- Interpersonal skills for Stakeholder interactions supplier meetings;
- Collaborate on group projects;
- Develop procurement centric solutions;
- Project management for driving projects forward;
- Learn about Procurement at Bayer, including Sourcing, Purchasing, Systems and Processes;
- Improve self via valuable coaching and feedback during the internship;
- Use Bayer procurement centric and business relevant training (optional);
- Prepare and Deliver two presentations to procurement employees and leaders;
- Record and post 1 – 2 min videos for an internship blog that shares your project experience and learnings with the broader organization;
- Conduct informal informational interviews to learn about Bayer and expand your networ
This position is available in both our St. Louis, MO and Whippany, NJ office.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Current first year Master”s student;
- Pursuit of advanced degree Master”s or higher;
- Independent worker with a passion to grow and develop;
- Interest in Procurement as a potential career of choice;
- Ability to travel 1 – 4 times over the summer.
- Knowledge of General Procurement Processes and Procedures;
- Work experience in the form of prior internships or fulltime employment in Procurement;
- Project Management and Change Management experience;
- Advanced degree in Supply Chain, Procurement, Marketing or a Business-related field of study;
- GPA of 3.0 within your major.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.