Kentucky Heritage Hemp Co. – is a Limited Liability Co., the majority of which is owned by Peterson Farms. The company’s purpose is to produce high quality CBD oil in a managed environment with 100% traceability. Kentucky Heritage produces Certified Organic oil, as well as basic oil and distillates which will be sold wholesale to retailers of private brand CBD oil. Our company’s production facility is located in Cox’s Creek, KY. The company name evokes the Petersons long history of farming, and Kentucky’s long heritage in the hemp industry.
In this role you will be building and maintaining relationships with oil purchasers and customers and works with the Supply Chain Manager to assure seamless delivery and great customer service. You would follow through on all shipments and orders in coordination with the Supply Chain Manager; resolve customer complaints and seeks new markets and business opportunities. You would also be responsible for all sales calls on prospects and existing customers; presence at industry events and trade shows. You will also perform industry and competition market research; and take a role in developing sales forecasts and annual sales goals.
We offer a competitive wages along with one amazing work environment where your efforts and ideas are recognized.
- Creating sales opportunities and markets for Kentucky Heritage Hemp.
- Identifying new product opportunities and sales niches.
- Defining the promise of Certified Organic and Certified GMP produced oil and differentiating its value to all publics.
- Understanding market competition, its players and products, pricing and value propositions and positing Kentucky Heritage Hemp favorably in the market.
- Negotiating profitable sales that result in a win-win for KHHC and its customers.
- Building networks and contacts throughout the hemp oil industry and raising the profile of Kentucky Heritage Hemp.
- Growing existing business through cross sales and increased volume to satisfied customers.
- Identifying other sales opportunities for byproducts or sub line products and/or creating partnerships with other groups that leverage up plant productivity.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Demonstrated sales, negotiating skills based on prior experience and track record.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the hemp oil industry highly preferred.
- Ability to conduct market research and provide competitive data for management decision making.
- Presentation and public speaking skills.
- Customer focus and customer service attitude.
- Communication skills and understanding of how to position products, sell benefits and promote a consistent brand image.
- Planning and organization skills that result in clear communication on orders; awareness of inventories and/or advanced sales planning so that production teams understand and can fulfill orders promptly without delays and or mistakes.
- 3 years of demonstrated sales experience.
- Experience in hemp is highly preferred and or similar experience in ingredient or commodity sales would also be a fit.
- College degree in business/marketing or equivalent working experience in marketing and sales.
- Must be computer skilled (Microsoft Office platforms, including Word, Excel, others.)
Kentucky Heritage Hemp team members are:
- Honest, dedicated and hardworking.
- Respectful and compassionate to the needs of others
- Thirsty for knowledge and self-improvement,
- Passionate for what we do, and enjoy our work
- Involved in fostering a Team Environment that promotes achievement and excellence.
- Focused on a Safe Workplace at all times.
- Practice responsible stewardship and conservation that result in long-term productivity and value creation.