Your tasks and responsibilities The primary responsibilities of this role, Marana Greenhouse Intern, are to:
- Develop or improve existing programs related to agronomic practices in our greenhouse environment (water management, nutrient delivery, chemistry application, IPM/Pest Management and environmental management);
- Maintain effective communications, relationships and collaborations;
- Attend all relevant training sessions to keep in compliance with regulations.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled at a university within the U.S. pursuing a Bachelor”s or Master”s degree in an agronomy, plant sciences, environmental sciences, entomology, horticulture or biology discipline;
- Must have attained minimum of Junior standing in undergraduate program;
- Experience with hydroponics, Agronomy, water chemistry, entomology and IPM, growth chambers and CEA, sensor and control systems, data acquisition and/or data analysis;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Must be returning to school to continue program of study or to begin an advanced degree program upon completion of internship.
- Experience with automated greenhouse systems;
- Proficiency in usage of IT and analytics tools and their application in field and greenhouse research;
- Self starter, analytical and goal oriented.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.