Welcome to BioWorks Inc! We’re a leader in providing environmentally responsible, safe, and effective biologically-based pest control and plant nutrition products for the horticulture, and specialty agriculture markets for more than 25 years. Together, with our team of experts, our customers are enhancing conventional programs as well as developing leading edge pest control and plant health programs.
We are hiring a Manufacturing Technician in Victor, NY to safely and efficiently operate a variety of processing and packaging equipment involved in the preparation of BioWorks products, including such activities as weighing, combining and mixing materials, monitoring and manipulating materials at various stages of process. Along with core responsibilities, they will also participate in developing, supporting and accomplishing of the departmental/company operating activities, along with primary and secondary goals of the company.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: (in order of priority)
Member of the Production Team General Characteristics
- Actively participates in promoting, supporting and enhancing our Core Purpose, Core Values and Company Culture
- Fully embraces and consistently attends and actively participates in Coaching Sessions utilizing the BioWorks Coaching process
- Fully embraces Great Game of Business (“GGOB”), Scaling Up and all strategies and activities related to financial transparency and information sharing
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes. cooperation with customers, collaborators, vendors, co-workers and management.
- Adheres to BioWorks, Inc. company policies at all times.
- Working safely and following all safety rules.
- Manually handling (lifting and/or stacking) bags and boxes.
- Maintaining clean work areas including sweeping and mopping various areas.
- Certified operation of various pieces of warehouse and production material handling equipment.
- Completing all paperwork neatly, correctly and on time.
- Cooperating with supervision and fellow employees.
- Performing other duties as required by supervisor.
- Communicating concerns and requests to other management personnel to avoid issues at an early stage.
- Assist with the production of core products, including but not limited to T-22 and G-41 products.
- Production process responsibilities includes:
- Inoculation room preparation, cleaning and sterilization
- Inoculation of matrix
- Wet shake of inoculated matrix
- Product transfer to drying
- Dry shake of inoculated matrix
- De-agglomeration of dried matrix
- Liquid Packaging
- Post-Processing Functions
- Complete all required production order blends and Work orders accurately and on time
- Proper metrology/sampling protocols adhered to
- Assist with the packaging of core products
- Supports the initiatives of his supervisor with respect to company facility to comply with federal, state and local laws.
Essential Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills: (in order of importance)
- Education – Academic, technical, or commercial high school graduate. Trade School desirable.
- Experience – Greater than 1 year and up to and including 5 years in comparable position of responsibility.
- Complexity of Work & Decision Making – A variety of non-routine, duties that require the exercise of judgment in order to determination to be taken.
- Accountability – Objectives and how the objectives are achieved are defined by supervisor or by explicit procedures and rules.
- Consequence of Errors – Errors may be detectable, significant if not. Effect confined within company.
- Customer Interactions – Contact is primarily with peers and/or supervisors and somewhat limited to department or work area and/or external contacts within and outside organization that involve responding to simple requests, receiving or providing information requiring ordinary tact and courtesy.
- Supervision Provided – No supervision or development over any employees.
- Environment & Use of Equipment Machinery – Constant and/or multiple exposure to undesirable conditions.
- Must be capable of adapting to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance.
- Dependable, Productive, High Quality, Proper Attitude.
- Team player.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Ability to learn.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to work independently
- Good verbal and written communication skills.