BioWorks Inc. With headquarters in Victor, New York, BioWorks has been a leader in providing environmentally responsible, safe, and effective biologically-based pest control and plant nutrition products for the horticulture, turf, and specialty agriculture markets for more than 20 years. Together, with our team of experts, our customers are enhancing conventional programs as well as developing leading edge pest control and plant health programs.
As a Manufacturing Technician you will safely and efficiently operate a variety of processing and packaging equipment involved in the preparation of BioWorks products, including such activities as weighing, combining and mixing materials, monitoring and manipulating materials at various stages of process. Along with core responsibilities, they will also participate in developing, supporting and accomplishing of the departmental/company operating activities, along with primary and secondary goals of the company.
We offer a highly competitive hourly pay rate dependent on experience. Our minimum hourly rate for any full time employee within BioWorks is $16.50/hr.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in promoting, supporting and enhancing our Core Purpose, Core Values and Company Culture.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes cooperation with customers, collaborators, vendors, co-workers and management.
- Fully embraces Great Game of Business (GGOB), Scaling Up, and all strategies and activities related to financial transparency and information sharing, including timely updates to revenue goals.
- Adheres to BioWorks, Inc. company policies at all times.
- Working safely and following all safety rules.
- Manually handling (lifting and/or stacking) bags and boxes.
- Maintaining clean work areas including sweeping and mopping various areas.
- Certified operation of various pieces of warehouse and production material handling equipment.
- Completing all paperwork neatly, correctly and on time.
- Taking proper care of equipment used while performing job functions.
- Ability to navigate a warehouse while utilizing use of scanners.
- Performing other duties as required by supervisor.
- Able to work coherently in a team environment.
- Able to take direction from peers.
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, crouch, twist and bend for long periods of time up to 10 Hours a day.
- Assist with the production of core products, including but not limited to T-22 and G-41 products.
- Production process responsibilities includes:
- Inoculation room preparation, cleaning and sterilization.
- Inoculation of matrix.
- Wet shake of inoculated matrix.
- Product transfer to drying.
- Dry shake of inoculated matrix.
- De-agglomeration of dried matrix.
- Post-Processing Functions
- Following all formulating, weighing, packaging and shipping procedures as specified.
- Assist with the packaging of core products.
- Performs the duties assigned with respect to facility/equipment repairs, maintenance and general operations.
- Gathers information pertinent to facility and or equipment.
- Supports the initiatives of his/her supervisor with respect to company’s facility to comply with federal, state and local laws.
Essential Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills:
- Education – High school Diploma or GED.
- Experience – 0 up to and including 1 year in comparable position of responsibility.
- Complexity of Work & Decision Making – Routine duties, established procedures. Make minor decisions and some judgment required.
- Accountability – Objectives defined, most of how job is done is defined. Finished work not regularly reviewed.
- Consequence of Errors – Detected in succeeding operations. Work verified. Some trouble to correct.
- Customer Interactions – Contacts with departments and/or external involving simple requests. Requires ordinary tact and courtesy.
- Supervision Provided – No supervision or development over any employees.
- Environment & Use of Equipment Machinery – Constant and/or multiple exposure to undesirable conditions.
Essential Values: (for all employees; all of equal importance)
- OUR Team – ONE Company
- We Honor OUR Commitments
- Our Customers’ Success is Our Success
- We have the RIGHT Conversations
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, 10 lbs. repetitively.
- Ability to safely drive forklift & warehouse equipment.
- Stamina/endurance to perform physical functions of job throughout the day.
- May require flexibility in scheduling to satisfy customers.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to varying temperature levels.
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
- The employee must be able to pass the requirements for use of required respiratory devices.