The Quality Manager is responsible for safeguarding product safety and quality while meeting Company and regulatory standards, and has oversight responsibility for a continuous quality improvement program that includes quality control and quality assurance. This person is responsible for ensuring that the production and distribution of products meets or exceeds all quality standards. This person also has responsibility for communicating quality results and the transfer of quality and QA knowledge to the workforce.
- Manages the operation of the plant laboratory, including ensuring supplies and equipment are available.
- Ensures product safety, regulatory compliance, and compliance with company standards as stated in the Quality Assurance Manual, Laboratory Manual, and Company directives.
- Drives Continuous Improvement efforts in product quality/performance and process optimization.
- Provides leadership in coaching, education and training of management staff and plant employees for Quality Assurance; seeks assistance as needed from other Saputo training resources.
- Oversee quality control systems to include hold programs and traceability exercises; lab procedures; food safety programs, including FMSA compliance; product functionality evaluations; process verification programs; internal and external audits, and environmental microbiological monitoring programs.
- Review and maintain all quality control test results. Evaluate analytical testing results and disposition of finished product to ensure customer specifications are met.
- Reviews all product labels used in the facility and ensures adherence to regulatory and Company standards.
- Maintains or ensures the maintenance of the Saputo Nutritional Database System for the facility.
- Ensures adherence to appropriate regulations and Company standards for raw milk quality.
- Supervises the appropriate chemical, bacteriological, sensory, antiobiotic and utilization tests on raw materials and pasteurized products.
- Communicates quality metric and inspection results to appropriate managers and others in leadership positions including, but not limited to daily, weekly or monthly KPI reporting.
- Ensures that proper sanitation procedures are utilized and that adequate sanitation tests are performed; provides “troubleshooting” efforts in the event of sanitation system failure.
- Act as the liaison for local, state, customer/third party, and federal audits and inspections.
- Is responsible for expense management and control, including labor and “Cost of Quality” utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Ensures adherence to all contract packaging quality requirements.
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Ensure consistent application of company policies and procedures. Support employee progressive disciplinary action activities in partnership with Human Resources.
- Adhere to the Saputo code of ethics and actively apply the Saputo values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHO IS RIGHT FOR THE ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree in a science-based area of study and a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Internal Candidates: A minimum of 5 years hands-on plant experience in the dairy plant or food industry operations, with a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Possesses a working knowledge of sanitation systems, techniques and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Possesses understanding of the basics of change management.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, lead, coach, influence, motivate, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to understand cost containment and budgetary principles.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends in support of plant operations.
WHAT CAN SAPUTO DO FOR YOU?
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or Deltek.Support@Saputo.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran statusus. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice – California Candidates
- What is the Purpose of this Privacy Notice?
- Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC (“the Company,” “Saputo,” “our” or “we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use and disclose personal information about you in connection with the recruitment process, including through our applicant tracking system or otherwise via e-mail or the Saputo communications platform (collectively the “Candidate Portal“). It applies to all current and former candidates.
- This Privacy Notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services. We may update this Privacy Notice at any time.
- This Privacy Notice applies in connection with your application for work with us (whether as an employee, worker or contractor). Should you be successful in your application, your personal information will then be held in accordance with our Privacy Notice for California Employees, Contractors and Workers.
- It is important that you read this Privacy Notice, together with any other Privacy Notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.