AGCO, Your Agriculture Corporation, was founded in 1990. We offer a full product line of tractors, combines, hay tools, sprayers, forage, tillage equipment, implements and related replacement parts. AGCO products are sold under the core brands of Challenger®, Fendt®, Massey Ferguson® and Valtra®, and are distributed globally through more than 2,700 independent dealers and distributors, in more than 140 countries worldwide. AGCO also provides retail financing through AGCO Finance. AGCO is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia and employs 14,000 employees worldwide. In 2009, AGCO’s net sales were $6.6 billion.
The AGCO Parts Division offers over 1.4 million parts to its customers around the world. We support the repair, maintenance and accessories needed for all AGCO brands, as well as, competitive farm equipment. Professional farmers count on AGCO Parts for consistent OEM quality, availability, competitive pricing and a valuable 12 month warranty. The AGCO Parts Division is located in Batavia, IL which is about 45 minutes outside of Chicago.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Manager of Global Forecasting and Planning organizes and oversees the operation of the Forecasting and Planning department to provide the most accurate forecast and planning parameters to ensure customer service levels are achieved while minimizing inventory and ensuring that the right part, in the right quantity, at the right place, at the right time is delivered to the customer at the lowest total cost. He/she implements procedures for global standards, global stocking strategy, and policies for forecasting and inventory planning.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direction to support strong customer service levels and service goals through accurate forecasts.
- Plan supply strategies throughout the product life cycle that support financial, operational and customer satisfaction business objective.
- Support service levels at a global, regional, market, and product level.
- Identify and incorporate product knowledge, dealer profiles,seasonality and regional/local conditions to enhance forecasting capabilities and provide refined forecast adjustments that reflect the changes in the market.
- Conduct lifecycle planning, obsolescence and end of life planning for parts based on manufacturing, market and customer (internal and external) information.
- Understand each product group to maximize effectiveness of decision making and inventory planning.
- Manage allocations to optimize stock levels and guarantee the quality and continuity of all operations and the lead time to business and customers.
- Oversee and track the exception management process and achieve established service criteria.
- Partner with other supply chain functions to determine the best course of action at the lowest total cost the business.
- PTC / Servigistics
- Mainframe order system
- Qlik reporting
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Office work environment
- Must possess the ability to plan and organize to insure the efficient operation of the department.
- Must be able to perform complex arithmetic calculations.
- Must be capable of multi-step and sequential problem solving activities that include comparing, analyzing and calculating data relevant to departmental operations.
- Must possess excellent memory and organizational skills due to the number of issues handled daily.
- Must be able to understand and communicate both verbally and in written form in English since instructions, labels and other documents are in English.
- Must be able to accept change and respond appropriately.
- Must be flexible and willing to accept a variety of tasks as assigned.
- Must represent the Company in a positive manner to subordinates, co-workers and outside personnel.
Primarily responsible for the direct supervision of assigned staff in their location.
- Work is primarily performed within an office with travel to other locations.
- Noise levels may vary depending on designated locations; however, there is no continuous exposure to hazardous noise levels.
- Temperature and humidity are regulated while indoors.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or related field or equivalent work experience with solid track record. MBA preferred.
- 5 years supervisory experience
- Results oriented achiever
- Proven leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues, initiate actions, and make effective decisions.
- Conducts employee performance reviews annually or as needed to monitor individual growth and productivity.
- Collaborate with global and regional purchasing and procurement, regional marketing, new product launch teams, and whole goods marketing.
- Establishes departmental goals, evaluates performance to goal attainment, and ensure goals are attained.
- Maintains departmental budget.
Languages: English required for all locations, second language in German or Portuguese would be beneficial
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law .
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Agricultural, ERP, Outside Sales, Mainframe, Supply Chain Manager, Agriculture, Technology, Sales, Operations