This position will provide strong leadership and execution of product development and continuous improvement activities across the Conditioning Product Family. Candidate will be expected to develop strong collaborative working relationships across the business in areas of Product Management, Operations, Quality, Purchasing, Finance, Sales, and Tech Support. Individual should have upward potential in Engineering and be a potential successor to the Director – Engineering.
- Engineering Leadership for grain conditioning products
- Overall Prduct Design ownership for Portable and Tower Dryers, Top Dry, Aeration fans and heaters, and associated control systems
- Execute NPD prjects in accordance with product road maps
- Utilize AMPIP to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Ensure successful product launches into manufacturing
- Meet all quality targets through effective testing and development
- Execute annual CPI prject portfolio
- Communicate changes effectively across organization
- Deliver yearly cost reduction targets
- Mentor and Develop Conditioning Engineering Team
- Communicate effectively across all areas of the NA Grain Organization
- Refine, automate, and continuously improve engineering processes to support the design and selling of grain conditioning products
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years experience in New Product Development or Testing and Validation required
- Experience with Stage Gate Prcesses required
- 3+ years experience managing people required
- Familiar with electronic control systems and technology used in grain conditioning
- Excellent communication skill with all levels of the organization
- Capable of driving positive change throughout the team
Position will have up to 10 direct reports.
10-20% travel may be required to Flora, Illinois Operations and customer sites as needed.
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Nearest Major Market: Springfield
Job Segment: Engineer, Product Development, Manager, Product Manager, Engineering Manager, Engineering, Research, Management, Operations