For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with more than 32,300 employees serving customers in more than 160 countries. With a global value chain that includes 428 crop procurement locations, 280 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 39 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM Animal Nutrition, a division of Archer Daniels Midland Company, is a leading manufacturing, nutrition, and marketing business offering a wide range of innovative products for the animal nutrition market. With the recent addition of Crosswind Industries, Inc. along with its subsidiary corporations, including Crosswind Foods, Inc., ADM has grown its manufacturing capabilities and built upon an already expansive portfolio of products and services. We have several general Packager openings ondays and nights (rotating shifts)at our Sabetha, KansasNorth production facility.
Maintenance Technician -Topeka, Kansas
ADM Animal Nutrition
This is an hourly position.
The role of theMaintenance Technicianis responsible for the following duties:
· Maintain general preventative maintenance schedules for the production and research areas.
· Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, gas, steam, water and air problems.
· Lead the installation of new plant equipment.
· Install and/or modify electric, air, water, steam and gas supply lines.
· Modify the process flow to improve safety, quality and efficiency issues.
· Maintain the building and surrounding facilities.
· Notify Plant Manager immediately in the event issues arise that may cause production delays.
· Identify and communicate food safety and/or product integrity issues to appropriate personnel.
· Work in the most effective, efficient and safe manner at all times.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by management.
· High school diploma or equivalent (Associate degree in maintenance/related field highly preferred)
· Minimum of 2 years of maintenance experience in agrain processing plant or related field
·Knowledge of mechanical and electrical blueprints and the capability of operating various mechanical equipment
· Strong attention to detail with the ability to work effectively as a team member
· Exceptional attendance and work ethic
·Exhibit flexibility, reliability and a mutual respect for fellow employees
· Strong safety and math aptitude
· Ability to operate a forklift in a safe manner, stand for long periods of time, and lift up to 50 lbs. above head without difficulty on a routine basis
· Ability to withstand dust and noise
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.