Welcome to Bridgewater Dairy! We were founded in 1998 with the desire to provide wholesome milk for our families and yours. The Bridgewater Dairy Group is based out of Northwest Ohio and Northeast Indiana, where over the last 20 years has grown to 6,000 dairy cows and 5,500 acres of cropland.
We’re currently looking for a Maintenance Technician / Mechanic to join our team. You would be working on both farm and milking parlor equipment for our three locations in Montpelier, OH and Fremont, IN. You will be focused on preventative maintenance as well as in-the-moment troubleshooting electrical, pneumatic and mechanical repairs. You will be working approximately 50 hours per week and will have an on-call rotation for emergency repairs.
We are comfortable working with a candidate that has stronger experience with industrial maintenance equipment that would align well with our milking parlor equipment or with a diesel mechanic that has some basic electrical and general repairs willing to learn the milking equipment. You would be working on digesters, pumps, HVAC, engines and electrical.
We offer competitive wages, benefits including paid vacation, insurance (health, dental, vision), 401k with 3% company match. We also offer a great working environment and enjoy being part of agriculture.
This role would be for you if you:
- Have overall mechanical experience ideally in both mechanical and electrical repair with the willingness to gain knowledge in the other areas
- Hold similar experience with industrial maintenance, HVAC, farm equipment, diesel and/or pneumatics
- Can not only multi-task, but prioritize projects and ensure they are complete in the order that impacts that business the most
- Prefer to work in a fast-paced environment, can work physically on your feet most of the day and are willing to jump in to assist any project
What you will be doing:
- Perform preventative maintenance on a structured schedule on all aspects of the dairy.
- Work with urgency on breakdowns to reduce downtime of the parlor.
- Perform both electrical, pneumatic and mechanical repairs such as filters, vacuum pumps, condensers, compressors, hoses, liners, etc.
- Perform repairs on agricultural equipment including planters, tillage and combines.
- Maintain communication with farm managers to share timing of repairs and any delays
- Identify areas for improvement focused on maximizing efficiency and reducing down-time.
- Assist with inventory management, parts ordering and vendor management.