The primary responsibilities of this role, Maintenance Technician are to:
- Actively participates in our environmental safety health program;
- Organize, schedule and complete routine and preventative maintenance for onsite equipment;
- Operate equipment (when applicable) during seasonal peak periods;
- Work with other groups within the company to develop consistency and cost savings;
- Become familiar with systems and diagnose issues related to equipment involved with soybean production;
- Identify, develop and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School Diploma;
- Valid driver”s license;
- Ability to learn and use computer-based control systems and handheld data control devices;
- Ability to be on call as seasonal workloads demand;
- Ability to thrive in a team-based work environment.
- 3 plus years of preventative maintenance skills in an industrial setting;
- Advanced training in trade school/college;
- Welding and fabrication skills;
- Experience with maintenance of automated systems.