- Assist the Location Managers and Feed Maintenance Supervisor to plan and implement repair and renovation projects and develop and maintain written maintenance and repair histories for facilities and equipment.
- Adhere to Company policies for the protection use, maintenance and disposition of company assets, fixtures, machinery and equipment.
- Assist with maintaining equipment lists with such information as machinery specifications, vendor information, drive unit specifications, and other pertinent information for all equipment in the feed mill and grain storage areas, for future use in establishing histories and for decision-making about replacement, repair and maintenance of such equipment.
- Review and perform preventive and predictive maintenance on feed mill facilities and equipment.
- Diagnose problems and repair equipment as needed, recognizing when to recommend outsourcing projects when necessary.
- Assist in backup for general company maintenance on an as-needed basis and be available for emergency repairs and assistance on larger projects.
- Be available on an on-call basis during feed manufacturing shifts.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- One-plus years of manufacturing experience
- Experience with maintenance and repair in a production setting
- Knowledge of Stick and MIG Welding and automated manufacturing PLC systems
- Ability to operate forklift
- Ability to be on an on-call basis
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, bend, turn, twist, climb ladders, stairs and bins
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Driver’s License and ability to meet qualifications of CHS’ driver policies
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Agricultural background
- Feed Mill experience
- Experience with feed batching equipment, pellet mill equipment, electrical circuits and motors
- Experience with grain handling systems
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.