We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Maintenance Technician – 1903570 – Chattanooga, TN
Where the Chemistry Happens… We are seeking a Maintenance Technician to work in the Dispersions & Pigments (ED) business unit as part of our Chattanooga, TN manufacturing site.
You will work as part of a team to install and maintain site mechanical equipment in order to provide a safe operation with maximum production availability. You will be expected to work safely, following both verbal and written work instructions and procedures as well.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
- Utilize your knowledge in electrically and pneumatically driven mechanical equipment including rotating and reciprocation equipment and the ability to troubleshoot and rebuild this equipment using optical alignment tools to align rotating equipment systems within industry accepted tolerance and knowledge of piping bolting, gasketing and the ability to assemble systems with proper torqueing techniques.
- Leveraging your degree/certification in Industrial Maintenance and Welding (SMAW & GTAW 6G for carbon and stainless steel) as well as experience in mechanical systems and equipment maintenance in an industrial setting. Applying your experience with rigging, welding, cutting and machining carbon and stainless-steel alloys in addition to competency with Windows, MS Office and SAP programs. You will use your ability to read blueprints, piping and instrument diagrams, sketches and detailed mechanical equipment diagrams as well as understanding of basic mathematics. (fractions, decimal and minor algebra)
- Successfully apply your experience in piping and tubing system components and experience inspecting and rebuilding various types of valves (ball, gate, butterfly, etc.) while also understanding the mechanical sealing technologies use to contain process materials in rotating pumping and agitation systems. Using your proficient knowledge and use of various test instruments such as dial calipers, micrometers, and alignment devices while continuing training to understand new equipment and devices.
- Use your prior experience with Predictive Maintenance (PdM), Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Condition Monitoring programs and exposure to Process Safety Management (PSM) to assist in working in a safe manner and preventing injury to yourself or others. You will additionally work to support and continually apply and Quality Improvement, Safety, Ecology and Legal Compliance policies and procedures.
- Performing installs of new mechanical systems and equipment according to vendor specifications and in accordance to site and corporate standards and policies while recommending changes to existing mechanical systems or equipment in order to improve reliability or accuracy or further optimize process’. Additionally, complete any required repairs and tasks to mechanical systems in an efficient and timely manner in order to restore or maintain safe operating capability.
- Continuous interaction with Maintenance, Production, Engineering, Purchasing and external suppliers to improve processes and plant reliability in addition to responding to plant problems and equipment issues during weekend and ‘off’ hours (via page or cell phone). You will communicate any alterations to existing mechanical equipment to ensure all site records are current and proper documentation is completed. Continually maintaining working relationships with Purchasing, Engineering, Production, and Accounting, internally. Maintain partnerships with vendors, freight lines, UPS, equipment suppliers and technical support, externally.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you-the whole you-in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.