Who We Are: The Andersons, Inc. owns grain terminals in eight states including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Nebraska, Tennessee and Texas with grain storage capacity of more than 151 million bushels at 32 grain storage facilities. Our grain facilities accept corn, soybean and wheat commodities. We provide our customers with high quality DDGs and feed and work with each of our customers on feed needs, quality requirements, freight needs and more.
What we are looking for: A full time Maintenance Technician with a mechanical aptitude who is familiar with all Grain operations task involving the receipt, storage, and shipping of grain. In addition, the incumbent must have a maintenance background with the ability to repair equipment in and around the elevator and the troubleshooting of any electrical problems that may occur within their certified scope. In this role you will keep operations running at peak efficiency at assigned facility.
What we offer: A great opportunity with room for growth, competitive wages, 1st shift hours, benefits, vacation time, 401K and more.
What you will be doing:
- Carry out preventative maintenance and repairs to assigned equipment, including the record keeping and scheduling of duties, troubleshooting, and repairs of all mechanical and electrical problems with minimal outside assistance. Maintain accurate and organized record in paper form or on computer.
- Perform all tasks associated with inbound grain receipts, including inspecting and grading grain, setting up blends, loading of units per contract, binning of grain properly, and dumping trucks. Perform Preventative maintenance with food safety in mind and as described in the related procedure.
- Operate various types of equipment and tools, such as acetylene torch, arc elder, OHM meter, voltmeter, ARP probe, and basic hand tools. Take part in all facility food safety related training and implement learned procedures, practices and policies.
- Operate, adjust, and maintain the grain dryer and its support equipment to ensure effective and efficient qualities. Perform pre-operational inspection and process checks throughout production, loading and packaging
- Assist in train loading by working as engine operator and switch operator.
What you need:
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
Experience: 1-3 years’ experience, in a grain elevator or equivalent, in education and experience. Experience should be in an operations and maintenance setting, demonstrating a mechanical aptitude.
Additional Skills: Good communication and strong electrical and mechanical skills
Working Conditions: Frequent exposure to fumes, cold, heat, dirt, dust and noise. Must lift 50 – 100 pounds frequently. Must be able to work in high places and in confined space.