Tasteful Selections is seeking applicants for a Maintenance Supervisor opportunity. This position will be responsible for scheduling a wide range of preventative maintenance activities in our distribution facility including mechanical repairs, troubleshooting equipment, and working with instrumentation. In addition, this position will be responsible for maintaining and using parts inventory software, placing orders for parts, and maintaining purchase order records.
Tasteful Selections, LLC, located in Arvin, California, is a specialty potato company whose mission is to delight the consumer with great tasting, easy to prepare, inspirational potato products. A joint venture between RPE, Inc., CSS Farms, Inc. and Plover River Farms, Inc., the company is a vertically integrated farming operation which grows, packs and markets baby potatoes, fingerlings and seed potatoes. More information can be found at www.TastefulSelections.com.
This position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager and will work closely with other members of the team, including Plant, Engineering, and Production Managers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Mechanical troubleshooting
- Coordinate installation, maintenance, and repair work
- Responsible for training and overseeing maintenance technicians
- Organize schedules and assign work activity to maintenance team
- Develops and implements maintenance procedures
- Evaluates functionality and reliability of facility systems/equipment and identifies problems for repair
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures
- Setup work orders for shift hand-off transitions
- Manages parts inventory and maintains organization of tool crib
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
Experience and Skills:
Required Position Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in electrical and/or mechanical field
- 3+ years supervisory experience
- Bilingual (English / Spanish)
- Associate’s degree in electromechanical, electrical, or instrumentation and controls programming (or related area) is preferred
- Strong technical aptitude
- Ability to prioritize work orders and manage multiple tasks
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated strong work-ethic, outstanding leadership ability and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Self-directed individual who leads projects to identify and implement solutions with team input
- Proficient in standard business office software (SKYPE, MS Office, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of Management
- Ability to comprehend, read, write and communicate proficiently in English and interact with all levels of the organization
- Candidates must be eligible to work unrestricted in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills. Tasteful Selections has a complete benefits package, including health, dental, vision and life insurance and company matched 401(k).
Tasteful Selections is an EOE.