The Maintenance Department performs functions at Key Cooperative locations that include maintenance, installation, and repair of equipment, plant, and rolling stock, and other duties as required.
Equipment Testing & Troubleshooting
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with operators or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Keeps the Location Managers informed of operational, customer, vendors, or employee issues that may arise.
- Provides outstanding and courteous customer service..
- Projects a positive attitude to customers and employees at all times
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Fabricates and repairs other wooden structures
- Supporting the other departments by seasonally filling in jobs, including but not limited to dumping grain, cleaning grain bin bottoms and pits, fill anhydrous tanks, etc.
- Continuously follows the safety guidelines and safety programs established by Key Cooperative. Maintain good housekeeping practices and attend all safety training.
- Performs additional tasks that may be required.
- Does daily assigned work from the maintenance lead when performing maintenance or location manager when seasonally assisting locations with other tasks
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid CDL with required endorsements
About Key Cooperative
Key is a member-owned, rural Iowa cooperative serving agriculture producers.
With locations in 13 communities and 6 counties, Key Cooperative provides Agronomy, Energy, Feed, and Grain with a small-town, yet professional feel. Our employees take pride in our identity and they’re committed to the success of our owners by delivering innovation, leadership, and performance.
If you’re looking for a place where you can grow and be proud of what you do each day – you can find this kind of career at Key Cooperative. Apply below!