Key Cooperative is a member-owned, rural Iowa cooperative serving agriculture producers. We are essential business partners through Agronomy, Energy, Grain and Feed.
The Maintenance Department performs functions at Key Cooperative locations that include maintenance, installation, and repair of equipment, plant, and rolling stock, and other duties as required.
Equipment Testing & Troubleshooting
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with operators or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Keeps the Location Managers informed of operational, customer, vendors, or employee issues that may arise.
- Provides outstanding and courteous customer service.
- Projects a positive attitude to customers and employees at all times.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Fabricates and repairs other wooden structures.
- Supporting the other departments by seasonally filling in jobs, including but not limited to dumping grain, cleaning grain bin bottoms and pits, fill anhydrous tanks, etc.
- Continuously follows the safety guidelines and safety programs established by Key Cooperative.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices and attend all safety training.
- Performs additional tasks that may be required.
- Does daily assigned work from the maintenance lead when performing maintenance or location manager when seasonally assisting locations with other tasks.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid CDL with required endorsements
About Key Cooperative
Key is a member-owned, rural Iowa cooperative serving agriculture producers. With locations in 13 communities and 6 counties, Key Cooperative provides Agronomy, Energy, Feed, and Grain with a small-town, yet professional feel. Our employees take pride in our identity and they’re committed to the success of our owners by delivering innovation, leadership, and performance. If you’re looking for a place where you can grow and be proud of what you do each day – you can find this kind of career at Key Cooperative. Apply below!