Position at JBS USA Food Company
JBS is the world’s leading animal protein producer; processing fresh beef, pork and poultry. The JBS Worthington MN is a pork plant that employs over 2,200 people. We are looking for talented individuals and leaders for our progressive company. Many growth opportunities available!
JBS is hiring for quality, motivated, people to join the JBS team on our production floor as maintenance mechanic/ electrician. These positions include but are not limited to the following duties:
- Perform skilled maintenance activities including construction, welding, brazing, soldering, plumbing and hydraulics.
- Monitor all production areas to ensure proper functioning of equipment and machinery.
- Complete assigned work orders.
- Adhere to Safety Procedures including, but limited to Lock Out Tag Out, Power Industrial Truck, Scissor Lift, Harness/Fall Protection, etc.
- Adjust, repair and replace electrical and electronic equipment.
- Promote and encourage safety in all aspects of maintenance.
- Complete required paperwork
- Ability to communicate verbally and written in English
- Goal oriented and possess root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to lead people toward achieving personal and plant results.
- Completes assigned responsibilities and oversees the mechanical work of equipment.
- Responsible for correcting or facilitating correctible measures when downtime results from mechanical or technical defects.
- Processes maintenance downtime report for corporate and plant management. Assigns work orders or special projects to maintenance employees
- Maintains department budget within specified guidelines.
- Conducts preoperational inspection and handles maintenance concerns of Production Supervisors to make sure operation begins as scheduled.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations.
- Mechanical inclination and knowledge of job specifications.
- Industrial construction experience beneficial.
- Previous hourly maintenance and supervisor experience preferred.
- Work 40+ hours per week in all areas of the plant.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and practices used in the building, mechanical and electrical trades.
- Previous mechanical and related experience required.
- Considerable knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Tends to other duties as needed.
Education Requirements (if applicable):
- Technical schooling with mechanical or electrical emphasis helpful.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Production and maintenance settings
- Exposure to various chemicals, machinery, and knives
- Slippery floors, cold temperatures, and loud ambient noise
- Ability to work 50+ hours
- Good attendance and safety records
Internal: Employees on the production line and plant management
External: USDA and Union
Comments: The schedule for this position is typically Mon – Fri. Weekend work required as scheduled. During Fall Season, Saturdays are typically scheduled.
We are an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled