For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at .www.adm.com
Lubrication Technician- Chattanooga, TN
This is a full-time hourly position.
- Manage lubricant delivery, storage and dispensation.
- Create and manage routes for machinery re-lubrication and/or inspection.
- Properly change and/or top-off the oil in mechanical equipment.
- Collaborate with the preferred Lubricant Supplier (Petro Canada) representative to select proper lubricants for industrial machinery including:
- Oil with the proper Base and additive system.
- Use simple techniques to select grease application methods that are least intrusive and most effective for industrial machines.
- Use simple techniques to estimate re-grease volume and interval for industrial machines and adjust according to guidelines/experience.
- Properly maintain lubrication equipment.
- Employ basic oil analysis techniques to identify and troubleshoot abnormal lubricant degradation conditions, and use simple techniques to adjust the lubricant specification accordingly.
- Manage lubricant testing, and quality assurance, employing proper sampling procedures to ensure representative oil samples are taken consistently.
- Utilize mechanical aptitude and experience to inspect mechanical equipment and identify/report abnormal conditions.
- Record lubricant quantities applied and other data as required.
- Utilize ultrasonic equipment to enable the proper amount of grease to be added and identify abnormal conditions.
- Passion for Lubrication
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Values Organization and Cleanliness
- Ability to enter data into a spreadsheet or tablet
- Ability to effectively communicate with plant management, plant personneland vendors
- Self-starter; needs little supervision
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to comply with company/facility policies and procedures (Environmental, Health, Safety, Food Safety, JSA, work instructions etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to perform assigned tasks in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
- Ability to work from elevated areas (ladders, platforms, scaffolding, and others as required) utilizing fall protection equipment as required.
- Experience with hands on troubleshooting and repair of industrial equipment
- Demonstrated understanding of failure modes and ability to assess equipment condition, identify defects and make repair recommendations.
- Level 1 Machinery Lubrication Technician (MLT1) certification.
- Ability to create spreadsheets and trend data.
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen/medical questionnairesand a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.