For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in hundreds of countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more atwww.adm.com.
Locomotive Operator- Mendota, IL
This is a part time, hourly position.
The locomotive operator is responsible for the safe and controlled operation of the switch engine.The operator will perform a daily pre-use inspection of the engine and maintain safe operating levels of all fluids.The operator is also responsible for the safe and controlled movement of engine and cars. This position will perform facility housekeeping when a locomotive operator isn’t needed.
- Pre-use inspection and daily maintenance of locomotive
- Start up and shut down procedures
- Knowledge of all controls and uses
- Safe and controlled movement of engine and cars
- Clear radio communications and terminology with the rail lead man or switchman is imperative
- Operation using air brakes prior to connecting equipment
- Using air brakes during normal locomotive operation
- Car air brake operation
- Emergency stop and reset
To be considered for an opportunity, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Able to work in team environment and able to execute self-directed assignments with little supervision
- Able to work in elevated areas, in a variety of environmental conditions (heat, cold, dust, etc), climb stairs/ladders, work in confined spaces, bend, kneel, operate a computer, sit and stand for extended periods of time and have respirator qualifications
- Committed to ADM’s goal of achieving a zero injury culture; understand and follow company safety procedures
- Exhibit regular and prompt attendance
- Willing to improve technical skills through on-the-job and/or outside training
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.