The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
- Recruit, hire, and train all fulltime location personnel when necessary .
- Supervise location operations and efficient distribution of farm supply products.
- Safekeeping of location’s physical product inventory and accurate accounting thereof.
- Maintain location hours to meet seasonal demands.
- Manage labor and variable expenses in the location’s cost of operations.
- Determine the best use of marketing strategies available for our customers and coordinate with our grain department personnel to promote those strategies.
- Gain in market share growth of bushels purchased annually.
- Control location inventories to meet seasonal demand.
- Maintain location’s assets effectively; supervise maintenance program.
- Provide a level of customer service that promotes growth in sales and purchases.
- Manage grain facility operations and quality control; maximize blending opportunities.
- Effective communications with marketing teams to accomplish volume goals.
- Completion of inter company and regulatory requirements on a timely basis.
- Manage location’s accounts receivable loss to less than .1% of sales.
- Practice and enforce safety policies and procedures; minimize lost time accidents.
- Maintain a clean and organized facility.
- Accept and carry out other assigned tasks.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of and experience in agricultural sales and retail management, including areas of feed, fertilizer, and grain.
- Mechanical aptitude including basic understanding of mechanical, hydraulics, and piping systems and knowledge of various machines and tools including their design, use, repair, and maintenance.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Ability to communicate information or ideas effectively in written or oral form.
- Ability to organize, deal with change effectively, and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Microsoft Office suite programs, including Word & Excel.
- AS400 computer operation
Physical Requirements/Environmental Adaptability:
- Requires static strength to lift, push, pull, or carry objects with a minimum weight of 50 pounds. Also flexibility to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Also trunk strength and ability to use abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time. Some tasks involve repetitive motion.
- Agricultural Environment – Possible exposure to seasonal weather, outdoor conditions, and agriculture products.
- Personal Protective Equipmentmay be required for some tasks.