SUMMARY As a Location Manager at Central Valley Ag, you will be responsible for the management of sales, inventory, equipment and facilities at the agronomy, feed and grain locations by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Must have a high level of proficiency with Agronomy, Agronomic products, and Precision Agronomy related services.
2.Manages employees at the location. Manages the customer base through excellent customer service and customer relations.
3. Oversees finances for location.
4. Responsible for retail sales and operations of grain, liquid and dry fertilizer, chemical, seed and ACS.
5. Maintains fiscal responsibility for the location through margins, volumes, asset allocation, expense control and inventory maintenance.
6. Oversees the physical assets of the location.
7. Regulates the inventory at the location.
8. Maintains and promotes a safe work environment.
9. Supervises the day-to-day operations of the feed mill and delivery trucks.
10. Oversees accounting functions at the location.
11. Monitors the quality of feed and grain products and follows approved ordering procedures.
12. Markets the location’s products and services with knowledge of these products and services.
13. Interacts with management at other locations to maximize the feed and grain product assets.
14. Keeps Supervisor/Ingredient Purchaser apprised of inventory levels.
15. Comply with current Central Valley Ag credit policies.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Yes – Oversees 15 to 20 subordinates
• Above average speaking and writing skills.
• Good time management skills.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to manage financial resources, operational resources and personnel resources.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Mathematics and accounting skills to solve problems, perform calculations and must be able to understand fundamental accounting skills.
• Must be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
• Six to ten years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to obtain a Class B CDL with hazmat and tanker endorsement.
Certified Crop Advisor preferred.