GreenStone Farm Credit Services is an $8 billion financial services institution with 500 employees in 36 locations throughout Michigan and Northeast Wisconsin. GreenStone provides short term and long-term credit to our customers, as well as a variety of other products and services, such as crop insurance, life and disability insurance, accounting services, tax planning and preparation, and appraisals.
What we’re looking for:
We are currently hiring for a Consumer Loan Officer to join our team to be based in Mason, MI just south of Lansing. In this role, your primary responsibility is to provide lending and financing to our rural customers with small hobby farms, land loans, and large acreage house loans. You will be maintaining and growing a $30-$40 million portfolio with networking, developing relationships and being integrated into the community. You must have a proven record of building relationships with key influencers in addition to experience in the mortgage or financial services industry.
This position is for you if:
- You have experience in credit and lending with an understanding of rural living and/or agriculture
- You enjoy cultivating customer relationships
- You have the motivation to pursue new leads
- You communicate effectively with your clients and co-workers
What we have to offer:
GreenStone has an outstanding Total Rewards package, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, and 10 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) plan – up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life/AD&D benefits, etc.
- $100/year Logo Wear allowance
- $400/year Computer Subsidy/Reimbursement
- $400/year Wellness Subsidy/Reimbursement & wellness programs
What you would be doing:
- Market credit and financial services and establishing new market relationships in the consumer and residential markets
- Utilize business knowledge to gain in-depth understanding of each customer’s current financial position in order to provide innovative and workable solutions to problems the customer faces
- Create strong relationships with business contacts/influencers
- Develop and maintain a significant professional presence throughout the local community in addition to making formal presentations to various local and regional groups
- Use knowledge of finance and agriculture to provide “value added” information about their customers and prospective customer’s needs
Highly qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, sales, agriculture or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in the consumer credit or agriculture industry, or equivalent experience in a closely related field.
- Basic knowledge of loan products and services, credit operations and government lending regulations
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving, analytical, and negotiating, influencing, and consultative selling skills.
- Registration in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) is required