This position is located in the Alameda District Office of Field Operations, Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), USDA, Albany, CA. The District Office is responsible for the overall management of an inspection and enforcement program involving meat, poultry, and egg products in several states.
This position may be filled as a multi-grade (GS-5/6/7) career ladder with a full performance level of GS-07. If filled at a developmental grade, work will be of a more limited scope.
Learn more about this agency
- Provide clerical and technical assistance to the Resource Manager and Resource Management Specialists, or other district office personnel.
- Prepare memorandums, reports and other material to support the Resource Management Staff, and/or other district office personnel. Prepare and transmits forms in connection to resource management activities.
- Obtain data and prepare summaries and presentations in connection with analytical studies performed by the Resource Manager or other district personnel.
- Create, modify, access and maintain various databases, spreadsheets, and other similar computer applications that facilitate resource management activities for the district.
- Respond to questions from field supervisors and employees in the absence of the Resource Manager / Resource Management Specialists. Coordinate and follow up with field supervisors and employees on various administrative issues.
- Support program segments such as personnel actions, staffing schedules, travel, time and attendance, property accountability, GSA vehicle management.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.